Monday, September 12, 2011

My Slight Love of Late Nights.

I love late nights.  I love being out late, or sitting in my room on my computer late talking to people on the computer.  And it's not because I'm not a morning person - actually, I'm one of those too.  It's like I got stuck with both, and because of it, I often find myself not getting enough sleep.

Late nights are exciting, relaxing, loud, and quiet all at once (obviously depending on what you're up to that night).  And at the same time, there's something slightly rebelistic about them.  (I just invented that word, and I love it.)  I mean, I'm an adult.  I'm 21, I live 1,056 miles away from my parents, and yet, I still feel that slight tension of excitement and rebellion when I look at the clock in the middle of the night and see it creep past 1 AM, 2 AM, 3 AM...

To this day, I've never pulled an all-nighter (yes, I am lame), but I have a feeling it might happen sometime in the near future (with a new internship that has extreme hour shifts starting tomorrow).  And I don't know if all nighters will make it onto my list of slight loves, but for now, I'm at least going to embrace the clock, which is currently reading 1:11 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment